1) Get More RAM – More RAM means that your harddisk will work less
2) Vacuum Clean the notebook ventilation ducts, USB ports as shown in the diagram.
3) Buy notebook cooler pad
4) Placement of notebook, mouse and power adapter in the bag – protect the LCD
- avoid putting mouse, power adapter and any devices at the LCD side of the notebook while in the bag
- if possible, keep them in a separate compartment
5) Get a bag with proper padding
6) Use Clean Fibre Cloth to clean screen. Reduce LCD brightness slightly
7) Use Power Management software – http://www.verdiem.com/edison.aspx
8) If you don’t plan to use the laptop on batteries for quite some time, ensure that the charge is nearly 40 percent – remove the batteries and store it in a cool place. However, do not leave the battery uncharged for too long.
9) Run Defrag Regularly – Get more speed. Optimized Harddisk work less harder.
10) Run Chkdsk Regularly – Smaller Problem can be resolved easier.
11) Do not leave any unused USB devices in the notebook
12) Do not leave any CD/DVD in the CD/DVD Drives
13) Do not use screensavers.
14) Disable sound / fancy desktop
15) Disable Wireless/Bluetooth when not using it