1) Close all apps, goto main menu
2) Connect Cable from Android to Phone
3) Download .apk
4) Copy .apk to SDCARD (avoid copying to phone)
5) In your phone, navigate to “Settings” and “Applications”. Enable “Unknown Sources”, which allow installation of non-Market applications
6) Run “My files” or “ES File Explorer”, Goto the .apk and install
Applanet’s massive database contains more than 15,000 Android applications. You have access to the latest version of both free and paid applications found in the Android Market and even some you can’t find and will not need to pay for anything! Applanet is your one-stop alternative app market
Ability to run superuser programs.
How to root?
SuperOneClick 2.32 - http://shortfuse.org/
- Download SuperOneClickv2.32-ShortFuse
- Connect your phone to the computer. Do not mount the SD card
- Enable USB debugging
- Run SuperOneClick.exe
- Click on Universal tab on screen if you are rooting any device like Nexus One, Galaxy S, Droid, etc., or click on Samsung Captivate if that is your phone
- Next click the Root tab and wait for the process to finish.
- When all is finished, you can click “Allow Non Market Apps if you want”