In the new era, there are simply too many information. We are suffering from Information Overloading. There are also too many sources of information. Information can be found in books, electronic books, audiobooks, video, tv, newspapers, internet and day-to-day conversation with people. Some Information has a expiry date, whereas some don’t.
We need to study the nature of information. Below are some of the attributes of information.
- Source of information
- Level of Timeliness – must reach before expiry date
- Level of Accuracy – Facts or Opinion, reliabilty
- Level of Relevancy
- Level of Completeness
- Level of Adequancy
- Level of Explicitness
- Level of Currency
- Level of Importance
- Need to take the next course of action
- Need to store information
- Need to process information (analyse, discuss, compare, infer and review)
- Need to share information
- Linked to existing information
Therefore, in order to be successful with information.
- We need to learn new things fast
- We need to simplify the way we process and manage information
- We need to store information and able to retrieve and access efficiently
Incoming search terms: